Moto Adventures

Monday, January 16, 2006

Driving the U.S.A.

Well Peggy "That was easy". This year was probably the easiest drive down through the U.S. that Ken and I have had in the 8 years we have been together. Rain at Omak, a little fog at Dry Falls, there is always snow going over the pass at Pendleton, and a blizzard that blew through Jack Pot so fast and furious that all it left were bags under my eyes from lying awake during the night listening to it.
Both Ken and I caught a cold the day we left but we have been getting plenty of rest and that seems to have worked wonders for us. Because the roads where so good this year I even took over the wheel for a couple of hours.
Lake Havasu was our first stop for more than one night, mom and dad have a BLM site they like to to and it turned out to be perfect. It was close to town so Ken nad I got on the KTM and went to town to order Kulba lowering links for my DRZ400, as it is now I can just touch the ground on my tippy toes. We also found out we will need a new clutch cylinder on theKTM again we already replaced it in Bermany in September. I guess it is better we found out here than when we where in the middle of the desert in Mexico somewhere.
Well a day at Quartzsite , a power shop at Cosco in El Centro and at last we hit Mexico. Vida es muy bien!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home