Moto Adventures

Friday, March 09, 2007

Re: Roadside Monument



After a little research I have dug up the answer to my unanswered question as to all the roadside monuments enveloped in plastic bottles of water.


According to legend, Deolinda Correa followed her husband, barefoot, through the dessert during very hard times in the mid 1800's. It was here that she met her demise and died of thirst. Her body was found with her newborn infant still suckling at her breast. A shrine was erected on the spot she was found but her death has turned into a near cult her in Argentina with shrines being placed everywhere along the roadsides. Bottles of water being left in her name to quench her thirst, her biggest follower being the truckdrivers.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger el guapo said...

hey guys its chepe, I lost your email because I deleted my inbox emails. Anyway, here is some info. I got pulled over on R14 so watch out, right around the salto border. The visa for brasil cost me 120 dollars and it took about 2 hours. send me an email so I dont have to air all the goods on your blog.. adam chepe pate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home